If the City of Philadelphia declares a “State of Emergency” for snow, it means a few things:
- Trash + Recycling pickup cancelled.
- Move your car from Emergency Routes or it will be towed. If your vehicle is towed during the snow emergency, please call 215-686-SNOW for its location. Check the routes here: http://www.philadelphiastreets.com/highways/snow/emergency-routes/
- All municipal city offices closed
- Go salt your sidewalks before the storm (use the environmentally-friendly stuff, please)
- Code Blue for Homeless. Call 215-232-1984 if you see someone who needs help.
- Bring your pets inside. Contact the ACCT Philly hotline (267-385-3800) if you observe a dog or other pet outside during extreme cold.
- 311 line will be open. Requests for salting and plowing will not be taken during the storm.
- If a tree falls during a storm and poses a safety threat, call 911. Otherwise, call 311. If a tree fell on electrical wires, call PECO’s emergency line: 1-800-841-4141.