Here are a few ways to stay cool + safe throughout the summer:
- the public pools are open June 20-28th
- save strenuous activity for early morning or the evening
- drink plenty of water!
- take cold showers and baths
- go to your local library to take a break in their AC (many extend their hours in high heat)
- and make sure your pets have plenty of water and that the pavement isn’t too hot for their paws!
If you need assistance, call Philly gov’s HeatLine at (215) 765-9040.
We also encourage you to check on elderly neighbors and those in poor health. For help, call the Philadelphia Corporation for Aging Heatline: 215-765-9040.
Never leave a child alone in a parked car, even with the windows rolled down, or air conditioning on. Heatstroke is the leading cause of non-crash-related fatalities for children 14 and younger.