- Homestead Exemption – It works by reducing the taxable portion of your property assessment by $30,000. Most homeowners save about $400 a year on their Real Estate Tax bill.
- Low-income senior citizen Real Estate Tax freeze – The Philadelphia Department of Revenue will stop increasing your Real Estate Tax amount if you meet certain age and income requirements.
- Owner-occupied Real Estate Tax payment agreement – allows homeowners to make affordable monthly payments on property taxes that are past due.
- Active Duty Tax Credit – This credit excuses reserve military service members from paying Philadelphia property taxes while they are called to active duty outside of Pennsylvania.
- Disabled Veterans Real Estate Tax Exemption – Veterans (or their surviving spouses) who have a 100% service-connected disability may qualify for a Real Estate Tax Exemption.
- Catastrophic Loss – Property owners who have suffered damage to a structure, due to a fire or other natural disaster resulting in a decrease of 50% or more in property value, may qualify for a reduction in their property assessment.
- Habitat for Humanity Home Repair Program
- Adaptive Modifications Program helps individuals with permanent physical disabilities live more independently in the home. There is currently a very long waiting list for this program.
- Basic Systems Repair Program provides free repairs to the electrical, plumbing and heating systems of owner-occupied homes. In some cases it will replace a roof. However, there is a very long waiting list for repairs.
- Heater Hotline program makes emergency repairs to heaters.
- Senior Housing Assistance Repair Program makes minor repairs in homes owned by residents 60 or older.
- Weatherization Assistance Program helps homeowners and renters make their homes more energy efficient.
- Mini-PHIL and PHIL-Plus are home improvement loans for homeowners with less-than-perfect credit.
- Keystone Renovate & Repair Loan Program helps homeowners maintain and improve their home
West Philly Tool Library – check out tools with a membership. Must apply a few days in advance!
- Solarize Philly – Philadelphia Energy Department
- Philly Solar Electric
- Solar States
- PWD Rain Check Program – Rain Check is a Philadelphia Water Department program that helps residents manage stormwater and beautify their homes. Rain barrels, rain gardens, permeable pavers, and more.